Starting up a hot new magazine? My mind is already sketching! Strutting your stuff at a trade show? I'm all hands on deck! Ready for a website redesign? Woot woot! Time to produce your annual report? The ideas are flowing.
I love making design work — the fonts, colors, shapes, style. And when you enjoy them just as much as I do, we're both happy.
The Italian translation of my last name — DeFelice — means "of happiness." Happiness runs through my veins, it's infused in everything I do. Read: No cookie cutter design here.
Happiness: a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
Yup, that intense joy? That euphoria? Those sales through the roof? You and me — we're gonna make it happen. I'm going to bring your business to design nirvana.
the design process
- Let's chat via phone, Skype or over a cuppa joe. If we're a great match, I'll have you complete a client brief and off we go!
- Proposal: I'll give you a proposal with the scope of your project outlined, expectations and due dates. This will include pricing and a contract before any design work begins.
- In the mood: Before moving on to full-fledged design, I'll create a mood board based on your likes and criteria.
- Concepts: I'll present concepts to you either in person or via email.
- Delivery of your materials based on your needs. Either files for the printer or JPGs for online purposes.
what people are saying about defelice design
I've worked with Karen several times on the design of my logo, collateral material and web site for my business. Her creativity and attention to detail are second to none. She listened to what my needs were and quickly produced products that not only matched, but exceeded my expectations. She is a pleasure to work with — a true professional!
—Leslie Cifone, Owner, Body Works Therapeutic Massage, LLC
For almost a decade, the ASHP Foundation has been using Karen exclusively as our designer for major projects, such as our annual report and new publications. She's a creative designer who is extremely dedicated, deadline oriented, and focused on her clients.
—Bethany Coulter, Director of Communications, ASHP Research & Education Foundation
Karen has always been one of my favorite people to work for. She has a great eye, and during a shoot actually knows when something is working or when something isn't. Her design skills consistently take a good image and make it better, and her abilities and personality consistently get the most out of the people working with her. She's a pro.
—Stan Godlewski, photojournalist
Copyright 2014 DeFelice Design